In the past, delivering video was relatively simple and limited mainly to broadcasters. Today, more people can create, comment on, watch and share videos than at any time in our past. According to Andy Solterbeck, senior vice president of business development at the Telstra Software Group, the technology is leading to a revolution in the way we communicate for business and pleasure.
Seeing is believing
The next generation of technology will be entirely focussed on video delivery.
- Mobility will be key. High-quality video experiences will be increasingly delivered over mobile networks.
- Better endpoint devices. The next generation of devices will be optimised for audio and video vastly enhancing the experience.
- 4K and beyond. 4K displays, which deliver resolutions four times greater than the HD standard, will become ubiquitous.
- Technical standards will improve. The next generation standards will enable devices to be optimised for video.
- Don’t look for business to lead the way. Like most technological changes over the last decade, video technology will be led by consumers.